Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Two questions, how do I disable ver 4 macros and how do I make radial buttons like this?

The link below is to a spreadsheet that does a number of things I like.
One being that the radial buttons return a numeric value rather then T/F.

Part of the problem with the sheet though is that it is protected.
It also says it has an Excel 4 macro that must run on startup.

Anyone know how to disable or delete the macro that runs?
How do I reporduce these option buttons that return numbers rather then True
and False?
I'm hoping to be able to total the score at the end...

http://www.mccsa.com/Temp/copy.zip

Any ideas of help would be apprciated.

Kelvin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

These are option buttons from the forms toolbar.

for the Excel 4 macro sheet, this was created to use the template wizard.
It you want to divorce it from the template wizard, open this workbook and a
new workbook. go to the vbe and insert a module in the new workbook. Paste
in this code

Sub abc()
For Each sh In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
Debug.Print sh.Name
sh.Visible = xlSheetVisible
Next
End Sub

make the copy.xls workbook the activeworkbook, then run that macro. go into
tools=Options and under the view tab, select Sheet Tabs in the lower right.

You should see to new sheets plus Sheet2. These are your macro sheets. Go
to each one and select Insert=Name, select the Auto_Open name and delete
it.

Delete the macro sheets, save the workbook.

Tom Ogilvy

"Kelvin Beaton" <kelvin at mccsa dot com wrote in message
The link below is to a spreadsheet that does a number of things I like.
One being that the radial buttons return a numeric value rather then T/F.

Part of the problem with the sheet though is that it is protected.
It also says it has an Excel 4 macro that must run on startup.

Anyone know how to disable or delete the macro that runs?
How do I reporduce these option buttons that return numbers rather then
True and False?
I'm hoping to be able to total the score at the end...

http://www.mccsa.com/Temp/copy.zip

Any ideas of help would be apprciated.

Kelvin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Tom

Thanks for the help!
I seem to have the macros out of the way.

I'm down to the password needing to be recovered.
Do you know of any free options for cracking this?

Thanks for your help!

Kelvin