-   -   How to connect characters together in different cells? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/112120-how-connect-characters-together-different-cells.html)

Eric

How to connect characters together in different cells?

In cell A1 = ABC;
In cell B1 = 123;
I would like to join both strings together, then
In cell C1 = ABC123

Does anyone know how to do it in excel?
Thank anyone for suggestion
Eric

Gord Dibben

How to connect characters together in different cells?

In C1 enter =A1&B1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 18:52:01 -0700, Eric wrote:

In cell A1 = ABC;
In cell B1 = 123;
I would like to join both strings together, then
In cell C1 = ABC123

Does anyone know how to do it in excel?
Thank anyone for suggestion
Eric

Dave Peterson

How to connect characters together in different cells?

=a1&b1

If you have numbers like 1 or 12 and want to see:
ABC001 or ABC012
you can use:
=a1&text(b1,"000")

--