Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Refreshing calculations

I have created a workbook with several worksheets and the formulas do not
calculate unless it is changed on the computer where the workbook was created.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Perhaps it would be good to check the Calculation mode of the Excel on the other
computer(s).

Excel takes the Calculation mode each session from the settings on the first
workbook opened in that session.

i.e. If you saved Book1 with calc mode in manual and opened it first, calc
mode would be in Manual.

If you saved Book2 with calc mode in auto and opened it after Book1, Book2
would be in manual mode(Excel ignores the auto calc mode in this case).

If you close Book1 before opening Book2, Book2 will be in auto calc mode.

Confusing enough? <g

Maybe on the other computer a file is being opened that sets the calc mode to
"manual"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 10:53:02 -0700, ChrisM
wrote:

I have created a workbook with several worksheets and the formulas do not
calculate unless it is changed on the computer where the workbook was created.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you get any errors or just "not calculating"?

I'm thinking maybe you have some User Defined Functions from an add-in that the
other computers don't have loaded.

Or you have the Analysis Toolpak add-n loaded and others have not.

Gord

wrote:

I have created a workbook with several worksheets and the formulas do not
calculate unless it is changed on the computer where the workbook was created.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are no errors, it simply will not change the totals. The worksheets
contain data for individuals and the master sheet contains SUMIF calcuations.
The calculation works if the document is opened on the PC where the
spreadsheet was created and we have tried it on multiple PC's. The set-up is
identical for all PC's containing the software.

I appreciate your suggestions.

Chris

wrote:

I have created a workbook with several worksheets and the formulas do not
calculate unless it is changed on the computer where the workbook was created.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Chris,

Still I'm almost convinced it is the Calculation setting.
Load the workbook on one of the other computers and then (not before) check ToolsOptions, Calculation tab

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel