Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default triangular correlation matrix

I would like to set up a triangular correlation matrix in Excel, as per the
upper portion of the "House of Quality" (a system engineering technique).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use the Correlation tool in the Analysis ToolPak.

Jerry

"Jude" wrote:

I would like to set up a triangular correlation matrix in Excel, as per the
upper portion of the "House of Quality" (a system engineering technique).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No, sorry, I was not clear. I would like to physically define a strange set
of cells in Excel that actually look like this:
-- arg, it won't let me paste graphics in here.

I have a set of cells in a horizontal row, which are technical measures.
Above them, I want to define, physically in the cell shapes, a triangular
matrix such that there is a cell at the "intersection" of the diagonal rows,
so that I can show the correlation of measure i agains measure j. I've seen
it done, but some company wanted beaucoup $$ for their proprietary product.
thanks
-Jude