Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I turn off clipboard permanently?

I am also having trouble turning off the clipboard. I have done exactly what
the reply to the previous post suggests and I have do it repeatedly as it
turns itself back on when I log off or restart the computer. How do I get it
to stop turning itself back on?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

From: http://www.mvps.org/skp/off00005.htm
"Disable the multiple clips feature of MS Office 2000/2002 "

When you add the following registry entry, it prevents the Office Clipboard from
automatically appearing when you perform multiple Copy commands in any of the Office programs.
To add the AcbControl registry entry for Office 2000, follow these steps:

Close any MS Office programs that are running.

Click Start, and then click Run. Type regedit and click OK.

In the Registry Editor, click to select the following subkey (folder):

HKey_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Co mmon\General

On the Edit menu, point to New and click DWORD Value. With New Value #1 selected,
type AcbControl, and then press ENTER.

On the Edit menu, click Modify. In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, click Decimal under Base.
Type 1 in the Value data box. Click OK and quit the Registry Editor.

NOTE:
1. To turn on the Office Clipboard, repeat last step above, changing the value from 1 to 0.
2. For Office 2002, change the Subkey folder to version 10.0 instead of 9.0.

Copyright © 1999-2004 Shyam Pillai. All rights reserved.
'----------------------------

"Rhae"
wrote in message
I am also having trouble turning off the clipboard. I have done exactly what
the reply to the previous post suggests and I have do it repeatedly as it
turns itself back on when I log off or restart the computer. How do I get it
to stop turning itself back on?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

i'm sorry...this is 2003.

"Jim Cone" wrote:

--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I doubt if xl2003 is any different. Why not take a look in the registry?
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Rhae"