Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Searching Multiple Workbooks

Hi all

I require an easy and free way to search through multiple workbooks. However
the only ways i have located around this is via complex macros or buying an
application (which I do not want to do).

Say i have a new workbook and in cell A1 i want to do a search for the info i
type in there and i click an icon to run the search macro.
I want the macro to search 3 workbooks, named Alpha, Bravo and Charlie for
the word stated in A1.

All the excel workbooks are in the same folder, including the newly created
one.

Can someone like try to create a scenario for a Macro please? Or maybe even
tell me of an easier way to search through multiple workbooks

Thank you

Claris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Claris,

what exactly do you want your formula/macro to return? The workbook in
which the value is found? A sheet name? An address? A value next to the
found item?

Kostis Vezerides