Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Converting ASCII Into Excel, any Ideas?

I need to convert Data from Sprint that comes in either a PDF or ASCII. I
need to convert those to and put them onto an EXCEL spreadsheet. Anybody know
how to do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

An file in ASCII can be opened by Excel. Generally such files have the
extension TXT
Is this what you mean?
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Cantankerious" wrote in message
I need to convert Data from Sprint that comes in either a PDF or ASCII. I
need to convert those to and put them onto an EXCEL spreadsheet. Anybody
know
how to do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When I get the report all the data is all run together like this:
"Time", "Duration", "Bits Out / sec"
"20-SEP-06 12:00 AM","3600","46928.3977778"

and when I put it in an Excel spreadsheet, It all gets put into one colum. I
need this information seperated into seperate colums.

Can you help me with this?

Skip

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

An file in ASCII can be opened by Excel. Generally such files have the
extension TXT
Is this what you mean?
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
remove caps from email

"Cantankerious" wrote in message
I need to convert Data from Sprint that comes in either a PDF or ASCII. I
need to convert those to and put them onto an EXCEL spreadsheet. Anybody
know
how to do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Excel, click FILE in the menu and select OPEN. In the FILES OF TYPE
change the list to text files and then locate your file on whatever
drive/folder it's in. This automatically starts the Text File Wizard. Make
sure that the DELIMITED option button is selected, and if not, select it.
Click the NEXT command button to continue. On the next screen, set the
delimiter to comma and the text qualifier to a quote and click the NEXT
command button. At the next screen you tell Excel how to treat each column
of data and when finished click the FINISH command button.
--
Kevin Backmann