Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I copy formulas from 1 wrkbk to another w/o absolute refs

I am trying to copy a summary from one workbok to another. How do I copy
with out absoute references to the source workbook?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mike
Select the range you want to copy. Then click on Edit - Replace. In
the "Find what:" block, type the equal sign "=" (without the quotes). In
the Replace with block type some text that you know you don't have in your
range, like $$$$$. Click OK.
Now all the formulas in your range are no longer formulas. Copy and
paste.
In the destination sheet, select the range you just pasted. Do Edit -
Replace and replace the "$$$$$" with "=". Done. HTH Otto