Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Add number into one cell to remove from another cell.

Thanks for the reply Biff.

There will be more numbers than the ones I posted (actually 1 - 16) and they
will be entered into different cells randomly.

Jeff

"Biff" wrote:

Is that all the numbers you have? 1,2,3,4,5,6

If you have this string all in one cell: 1,2,3,4,5,6

When you enter the numbers to be removed, are you entering those numbers in
separate cells and in a corresponding sequence?

If so, you could use a concatenated IF formula to do this.

Suppose you start with this string 1,2,3,4,5,6 in A1.

You enter the numbers to be removed in cells C1:H1.

Enter this formula in A1:

=IF(C1,"",1&",")&IF(D1,"",2&",")&IF(E1,"",3&",")&I F(F1,"",4&",")&IF(G1,"",5&",")&IF(H1,"",6)

As you enter the numbers in C1:H1 the corresponding number will be removed
from A1.

It works but in some cases there will be an extra comma showing. Like this:

1,2,3,

Biff

"Jeff" wrote in message
Does anyone know how to add a number into one cell and have that same
number
removed from another cell? (Even by changing font to match the background)

I want to list consecutive numbers in one cell (eg. 1,2,3,4,5,6) and have
each of these numbers removed one by one as I add each number into another
cell. If I were to enter 3 in another cell my list should now read 1,2,
4,5,6.

It's similar to the Hangman game where each used letter is removed from
the
list so as not to be re-used.

Thanks,

Jeff