Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default IF function won't post cell values

Below is the question I posted earlier but I for got to mention this:

I.E. On spreadsheet #1 in cell D48 I want the cell value of cell C4 from
spreadsheet #2 to post. If cell C4's value is 0 then I want cell F4's value
to post in cell D48 of spreadsheet #1. If both C4 and F4 of spreadsheet #2
are 0 then I want cell I4 of spreadsheet #2 to post in cell D48 of
spreadshhet #1. I didn't mention this below. I got 2 replies. Kevins worked
if both C4 and F4 were 0 but if C4 had a value it posted a 0 in the cell I
put the calculation in.
Dave F.'s did not work at all. Tried it twice but neither time did it work.

Please try again.
Trying to get this to work:

IF cell C4=0 then post cell F4 value IF cells C4 and F4
are both 0 then post cell I4's value.

=IF(C4=0,F4, IF(C4=0,F4=0,I4))

If C4 is 0 and F4 has a value it will post F4's value but if both C4 and F4
are 0 all it will post in I4 is 0 not I4's value
--
Loren
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

in Sp #1 D48 enter
=if(Sheet2!C4=0,If(Sheet2!F4=0,Sheet2!I4,Sheet2!F4 ),Sheet2!C4)

"Loren" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You do not say what should happen if C4 <0 and F4=0? This will affect the
formula!

=IF(AND(Sheet2!C4=0,Sheet2!F4=0),Sheet2!I4,IF(Shee t2!C4=0,Sheet2!F4,""))
will then leave D48 blank
=IF(AND(Sheet2!C4=0,Sheet2!F4=0),Sheet2!I4,IF(Shee t2!C4=0,Sheet2!F4,Sheet2!C4))
will enter C4's value