Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Merged Cells In Data Base

I have a small databse in excel. When I try to sort, an error message comes
up that the all of the merged cells must be the same size, which they are.
Is there something I am missing or is it not possible to sort a database
with merged cells even though they are the same size?
Thanks for any help.
--
Dewayne
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dewayne
You have now experienced why many in these newsgroups recommend that you
never, ever, use merged cells. Period.
Merged cells come with a lot of negative baggage. You will save a lot
of hair by simply not using them.
You can achieve the same results another way. For example, do this:
Open a new blank file.
Select any cell and type your name.
Select that cell and a few (as many as you want) cells to the right.
Click on Format - Cells - Alignment tab. In the space labeled
"Horizontal:", click on the down arrow. Click on "Center across selection".
Click OK. Your name is now centered across those cells. And no cells are
merged. HTH Otto