Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Van Van is offline

Default Does simply pressing the cursor keys launch spell check in Excel?

When pressing the down cursor key many times to go down a column row by row
in Excel periodically spell check will launch and move the cursor to a
misspelled field. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, is this a
"feature" that can be turned off? If so, how so? I am a user of Excel 2003.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The F7 function key will launch the spell checker.

Are you somehow hitting that key?

I can't think of any other reason and it is not a feature I have heard anyone
having a problem with.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP