Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Macro or Formula?

Hello,
I assume this needs a macro, but here is what I am trying to do:

Sample Data:

AB 93 OK 93 AB
ABC 9370 OK 9370 ALL
AZ 95 NO 941 CAD
BG 954 OK 954 CFE
BZ 941 OK 990 BFI

This list is more than 6,000 entries, so the OK/NO column searches inputs in
the 2nd column from the 4th column, and if it finds it, it puts OK, otherwise
NO. It matches based on 2nd & 4th columns because the naming in 1st & 5th may
not be called the same (e.g. see "ABC" 9370 and "ALL" 9370). Now, what I am
trying to do is to find all the "NO" and collect them and put them somewhere.
So for example, in this case, the AZ 95 would get collected and put
somewhere. I want for excel to take them automatically, is there a macro that
can help me with this once I run it so that it takes all the "NO" and sticks
the data from column 1 & 2 next to it somewhere? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First I don't understand why
BZ 941 OK 990 BFI
is OK since 941 does not equal 990. But anyway, by using Autofilter you can
select only the OKs and copy/paste them elsewhere.

--
Gary's Student