Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Time Conversion

Hello Guys,
I'm having a problem converting times to minutes in Excel. Can you please
help?

For example

how can I convert this 32:23:14 to minutes ( 5,707 minutes)

Thanks,

Rita

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"radiaz via OfficeKB.com" <u12799@uwe wrote in message
Hello Guys,
I'm having a problem converting times to minutes in Excel. Can you please
help?

For example

how can I convert this 32:23:14 to minutes ( 5,707 minutes)

Well to convert it to minutes, use =A1*24*60, and format the answer as
general, but it's 1943.233 minutes, not 5707.

5707 minutes would be more than 95 hours.
--
David Biddulph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=A1*24*60

this is typically how you would convert time to minutes, but I am confused
with how you are getting 5,707. 32 hours, 23 minutes, and 14 seconds equals
1943.23 minutes.

"radiaz via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Hello Guys,
I'm having a problem converting times to minutes in Excel. Can you please
help?

For example

how can I convert this 32:23:14 to minutes ( 5,707 minutes)

Thanks,

Rita

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you guys for your quick response.
The 5,707 was just an example. I just picked a random number. Sorry for the
confusion.

Sloth wrote:
=A1*24*60

this is typically how you would convert time to minutes, but I am confused
with how you are getting 5,707. 32 hours, 23 minutes, and 14 seconds equals
1943.23 minutes.

Hello Guys,
I'm having a problem converting times to minutes in Excel. Can you please

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

Rita