Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Joe is offline

Default Dynamic chart/graph

Hi,

I would like to have a button, which when clicked refreshes the source data
in the excel chart object. I want to write a MACRO.

The data which is used for the chart/graph keeps changing hence want to
automate the same.

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The chart is dynamic by default, and the only thing that would suppress
automatic updating would be setting the calculation to manual. If the word
CALC appears in the lower-left corner of the status bar, just press F9 to
update all formulas and charts.

No need to code anything...
--
Kevin Backmann

"Joe" wrote:

Hi,

I would like to have a button, which when clicked refreshes the source data
in the excel chart object. I want to write a MACRO.

The data which is used for the chart/graph keeps changing hence want to
automate the same.

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Joe is offline

Thanks Kevin for the update.
But my problem is bit different, let me explain:
1. I take the data from an extenal DB to excel on daily basis
2. The volume of data changes every day (may be more or less than the
previous day)
3. To explain you with an example: I have a column A of data to 200 rows. So
my chart's sourc data =Report!$A$2:$A$200 as on yesterday.
4. If I replace it with today's data ColumnA has 250 rows. So my source data
should chang to Report!$A$2:$A$250.
5. I want to have a button with MACRO which will refresh this source data.

I tried with F9 but :(