Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Bob is offline

Default Help with lookup

Full Handicap Playing Handicap
4.3 4
4.4 4
4.5 5
4.6 5
Lookup will return 4 if i am looking for 4.4, and 5 if i look for 4.6. But
for some reason on all the #.5 will always return with the wrong result. For
eg 4.5 will return 4 not 5.
Any ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bob

What formula are you using?
=LOOKUP(4.5,A2:A5) returns 4.5 for me

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Bob" wrote in message
Full Handicap Playing Handicap
4.3 4
4.4 4
4.5 5
4.6 5
Lookup will return 4 if i am looking for 4.4, and 5 if i look for 4.6.
But
for some reason on all the #.5 will always return with the wrong
result. For
eg 4.5 will return 4 not 5.
Any ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Bob is offline

I am using the same as you, would it be the size of the range, as it goes
o.1,0.2,all the way to 28?
Every other sheet with lookup works fine but not this one
bob

"Bob" wrote in message
Full Handicap Playing Handicap
4.3 4
4.4 4
4.5 5
4.6 5
Lookup will return 4 if i am looking for 4.4, and 5 if i look for 4.6.
But
for some reason on all the #.5 will always return with the wrong
result. For
eg 4.5 will return 4 not 5.
Any ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bob

But you say it is returning an answer of 4 for 4.4 and 5 for 4.6.
Those don't look like the returns from Lookup, but more like the returns
from =ROUND(A1,0).

Also, are the values in your column of data, type values or values
returned from formulae?
What happens if you change the format of the cells to a greater number
of decimals?
Does 4.5 show up as 4.499 or something similar?

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Bob" wrote in message
Full Handicap Playing Handicap
4.3 4
4.4 4
4.5 5
4.6 5
Lookup will return 4 if i am looking for 4.4, and 5 if i look for
4.6.
But
for some reason on all the #.5 will always return with the wrong
result. For
eg 4.5 will return 4 not 5.
Any ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Bob is offline

Hi Roger
I am using type data
=IF(A3="","",LOOKUP(A3,K3:L283))
this is a copy/paste above, i have added another decimal, 4.0 now shows 4.00
i did do another lookup just using 0.1 through to 1.8 with increases of 0.1,
which worked but anything larger still returns for eg 4.5 as 4 instead of 5
This is driving me mad
Regards
Bob

"Bob" wrote in message
Full Handicap Playing Handicap
4.3 4
4.4 4
4.5 5
4.6 5
Lookup will return 4 if i am looking for 4.4, and 5 if i look for
4.6.
But
for some reason on all the #.5 will always return with the wrong
result. For
eg 4.5 will return 4 not 5.
Any ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bob

If you want to mail me a copy of the sheet direct, I'll take a look
Remove NOSPAM from my email address to send

--
Regards

Roger Govier