Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Forcing scientific notation to a specific power

I'm trying to force all my scientific notation numbers to be raised to the
same power. For example, when I enter 0.103E+06 in a cell, it gets converted
to 1.03E+05. In this case, I'd like all my numbers to be raised to the sixth
power for easier comparison between the numbers. Is there any way to do this
in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"C.O." wrote in message
I'm trying to force all my scientific notation numbers to be raised to the
same power. For example, when I enter 0.103E+06 in a cell, it gets
converted
to 1.03E+05. In this case, I'd like all my numbers to be raised to the
sixth
power for easier comparison between the numbers. Is there any way to do
this
in Excel?

Try http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/p...cle.asp?ID=414, which
will tell you how to get numbers into engineering format (or related
formats).
--
David Biddulph