Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I make a simple check mark column?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Please enter your question in the body of the post, and include all
pertinent information.

Format the column to Wingdings 2,
And type in an upper case P,
OR,
An upper case R.
--
HTH,

RD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format to Marlett font and type an "a" without the quotes.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:58:01 -0700, PeterB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you. However, I wonder if there is a simple result that would allow
hitting the space bar in the field to toggle a checkmark?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Format to Marlett font and type an "a" without the quotes.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:58:01 -0700, PeterB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not that I know of.

Gord

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Format to Marlett font and type an "a" without the quotes.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:58:01 -0700, PeterB
wrote:

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I find this technique pretty easy...

Select the range
Format|cells|number tab|custom category
In the "type:" box, put this:
alt-0252;alt-0252;alt-0252;alt-0252

But hit and hold the alt key while you're typing the 0252 from the numeric
keypad.

It should look something like this when you're done.
ü;ü;ü;ü
(umlaut over the lower case u separated by semicolons)

And format that range of cells as Wingdings.

Now, no matter what you type (spacebar, x, anyoldtextatall), you'll see a check
mark.

Hit the delete key on the keyboard to clear the cell.

If you have to use that "checkmark" in later formulas:

=if(a1="","no checkmark","Yes checkmark")

wrote:

--

Dave Peterson