Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Ms Query problem

Sometimes when using MS Query, I can select multiple datafiles to construct
my quuery with, but sometimes that is greyed out. Why?? Oh, I also notice
that when the "Add Workbooks" is greyed out, the file that I am conected to
places a dollar sign chaacter after the shet name, though in the file, the
sheet name does not have the dollar sign character. What is this tryign to
tell me?

Thanks

Janie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't see an "Add Workbooks" option on MS Query (where do you find it on
your version?)
but....a sheet name with a dollar sign (eg Sheet3$) indicates that the sheet
should be used as a data table (versus a named range)

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Janie" wrote:

Sometimes when using MS Query, I can select multiple datafiles to construct
my quuery with, but sometimes that is greyed out. Why?? Oh, I also notice
that when the "Add Workbooks" is greyed out, the file that I am conected to
places a dollar sign chaacter after the shet name, though in the file, the
sheet name does not have the dollar sign character. What is this tryign to
tell me?

Thanks

Janie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you are in the Tables Window in MS Query, look at the bootom and see the
button WORKBOOKS. This allows you to pick an additional workbook to select
data from. But my problem is sometimes is is greyed out.