-   -   Excel 2003, how do I save without having to say overwrite? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/110610-excel-2003-how-do-i-save-without-having-say-overwrite.html)

Addie

Excel 2003, how do I save without having to say overwrite?

When I go to save a previously saved Excel spreadsheet, I get the message
that the file "may have been changed by another user since I last saved it.
In that case, what do you want to do?" I am given the option of saving a
copy or overwriting changes.

I get this message every time. How can I disable this without going in and
saving every spreadsheet I work on as a shared workbook?

Jim Rech

Excel 2003, how do I save without having to say overwrite?

You might search the MS Knowledgebase for the text of the message. Here's
one hit I got:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324491/

--
Jim