-   -   Data Table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/110600-data-table.html)

BigG

Data Table

Hi,

I have created a table with in an excel spreadsheet with the following data
and I would like to create a data table to infill the cells for me but I
can't seem to get it too work, please help. The spreadsheet has been
completed as follows:

Interest Rate in cell B1 is 6.5%
Loan Amount is in cell B2 is £12000
Interest amount formula (=B2*B1) is in B3

The table has been created below this information and has the interest rates
down the left going from B5:B9 (6.5,7,7.5,8,8.5) with the loan amounts across
the top going from C4:E4 (£12000, £14000 and £16000).

I would like to use the data table to calulate the cells for me.

Any help would be appreciated

BigG

Roger Govier

Data Table

Hi

In cell C5 enter
=$B5*C$4
copy across through D5:E5
copy C5:D5 down through C6:C9
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"BigG" wrote in message

[...]

Roger thanks for your prompt responce it is much appreciated but I want to
use the 2 input data table function.

BigG

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

In cell C5 enter
=$B5*C$4
copy across through D5:E5
copy C5:D5 down through C6:C9
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"BigG" wrote in message

[...]

Hi BigG

Change your interest rates to be in B4:B8
Change your Capital sums to be in C3:E3
Mark B3:E8DataTableRow input B1, Column Input B2

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"BigG" wrote in message
Roger thanks for your prompt responce it is much appreciated but I
want to
use the 2 input data table function.

BigG

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

In cell C5 enter
=$B5*C$4
copy across through D5:E5
copy C5:D5 down through C6:C9
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"BigG" wrote in message

[...]

Roger, you are a star. Thank you very much.

BigG

"BigG" wrote in message
Roger thanks for your prompt responce it is much appreciated but I
want to
use the 2 input data table function.

BigG

"Roger Govier" wrote: