Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default change text case in excel without using formula like word?

In the Ms Word I type a name ( Shahid Ghafoor Mughal) and using shortcut key
SHIFT+F3 i can easily change it case like( SHAHID GHAFOOR MUGHAL) or other
types and also from format in the menu.

but in excel we can not chages text case as like

shahid into Shahid or SHAHID or sHAHID

help me how we can do.

reply me at.

Shahid Ghafoor Mughal

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

shahid into Shahid or SHAHID or sHAHID
=PROPER(A11) =UPPER(A11)
=LOWER(LEFT(A11))&UPPER(MID(A11,2,LEN(A11)))

Regards,
Stefi

help me how we can do.

reply me at.

Shahid Ghafoor Mughal

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Shahid,
(reusing reply already used twice today)

You need a macro to do what you want. A function can only return
a value, so if you don't want the little dance routine to convert formulas
to values and remove the original column, you would need to use a
macro.

With a macro all you need to do is select the cells to be converted.
If the macro is properly written it will restrict itself to the used range
(one way is with SpecialCells), then you can select entire columns
or the entire worksheet. If it is not properly written converting a
single column could take 3 minutes (65536 cells on 600mHz with 128MB RAM).
You should hardly notice converting 4000 cells in a column.

Proper, and other Text changes -- Use of SpecialCells
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm#proper

conversions to uppercase and lowercase also on same page

courtesy reply sent as requested, please be aware that you should
be picking up your responses from where you posted..
---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

In the Ms Word I type a name ( Shahid Ghafoor Mughal) and using shortcut key
SHIFT+F3 i can easily change it case like( SHAHID GHAFOOR MUGHAL) or other
types and also from format in the menu.

but in excel we can not chages text case as like
shahid into Shahid or SHAHID or sHAHID

reply me at. <see original message for email address