Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Like the DAYS360, Datev& Time Function is there one for 365 day ?

On the formula how do have it calculate based on 365 days ??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Luis

With start date in A1 and end date in B1 just
=B1-A1
will give the number of days between the two dates.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Luis" wrote in message
On the formula how do have it calculate based on 365 days ??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Like the DAYS360, Datev& Time Function is there one for 365 da

Hi Roger,
The formula i.e. is DAYS360 (RANGE HIRE DATE. TO DATE)is part of a vacation
recording, however I would like to calculate it based at 365 days, instead of
the 360 as in the function.
Thanks,
Luis

"Luis" wrote in message
On the formula how do have it calculate based on 365 days ??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Luis

Yes, I understand that, but if you change the order and use (TO DATE -
HIRE DATE) that will calculate the interval for you based upon 365 (or
366 in leap year) days.

With Hire date of 01 Jan 2005 and to date being 16 Sep 2006, the formula
=DAYS360(Hire date,To date) produces a result of 615
=(To Date-Hire date) produces a result of 623

You need to format the cell with the formula as
FormatCellsNumberGeneral otherwise you will see a result of
14/09/1901 (being 623 days after 01/01/1901)

--
Regards

Roger Govier