Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default convert text into Formula

I have created a nested formulae using sumproduct function for a condition.
The formulae sums up value of a range of cells.

Col(A) Col(B) (entered as Text)
ROW-1 Condition-1 Nested Formula1
ROW-2 Condition-2 Nested Formula2
ROW-3 Condition-3 Nested Formula3
ROW-4 Condition-4 Nested Formula4
ROW-5 Condition-5 Nested Formula5

If in cell A10 , I choose the condition (using data validation pull down
menu condition-1,€¦5)), I must be able see the value in cell B10, USING THE
ABOVE TABLE. In short, the formulae entered as text in Colm B should get
converted into value .

I am working with 50 set of conditions.

Any help please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do a Google search for eval in the Excel newsgroups and you will get
hundreds of matches. Basically, you can use Evaluate in VBA to do what
you want, so you just need a little user-defined function (often called
eval) to enable you to pass your text formula into it.

Hope this helps.

Pete