Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Would it be possible to extract info from this site?

I was hoping there would be some way to make a query to extract info on each
state from the medicare.gov formulary finder.

http://formularyfinder.medicare.gov/formularyfinder/

I am assuming there is an easier way then going in to each state manually
and clicking on each specific plan name. Some states have over 200 plans
listed....

I need to design a spreadsheet that lists every plan and the formulary info
for each plan. Any suggestions would be greatly, greatly appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Probably doable but what do you mean by "formulary"? From the main page you
can goto

http://formularyfinder.medicare.gov/...eChoice_Size=0
and then continue

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"IntricateFool" wrote in message
I was hoping there would be some way to make a query to extract info on
each
state from the medicare.gov formulary finder.

http://formularyfinder.medicare.gov/formularyfinder/

I am assuming there is an easier way then going in to each state manually
and clicking on each specific plan name. Some states have over 200 plans
listed....

I need to design a spreadsheet that lists every plan and the formulary
info
for each plan. Any suggestions would be greatly, greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

After you go to the link, click on Alaska for example, then you type in a
specific drug, in this instance, I tried "Zantac". From there you just
continue with selected drugs and it then goes in to all plans that have
zantac listed. CLick on any specific plan name and you will see 5 columns.

I was hoping to devise a way to extract all the plans listed, and get each
plan's formulary information, so my spreadsheet would look something like...

State | Plan | Formulary | Prior |
Quantity | Step
| Name | Status | Authorization |
Limits | Therapy
| | |
AK | AARP MedicareRx Plan | Tier 2 | NO | NO
| NO
AK | AdvantraRx Premier | .... | ......
| ..... | .....
AK | AdvantraRx Premier Plus| ....... | ......... |
...... | .....
And the rest of the 10000 plans in each state... I need to do this for like
20 different drugs also.

Would it be possible to extract the plan name, then the corresponding "Plan
Formulary Status" information like above?

If this is possible, you are my hero....

"Don Guillett" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When I followed this example exactly, I got NO hit on Zantac. A better
example perhaps. Maybe you should contact me privately as this appears to be
a project instead of a question. Again, probably doable????

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"IntricateFool" wrote in message
After you go to the link, click on Alaska for example, then you type in a
specific drug, in this instance, I tried "Zantac". From there you just
continue with selected drugs and it then goes in to all plans that have
zantac listed. CLick on any specific plan name and you will see 5 columns.

I was hoping to devise a way to extract all the plans listed, and get each
plan's formulary information, so my spreadsheet would look something
like...

State | Plan | Formulary | Prior

Quantity | Step
| Name | Status | Authorization |
Limits | Therapy
| | |
AK | AARP MedicareRx Plan | Tier 2 | NO | NO
| NO
AK | AdvantraRx Premier | .... | ......
AK | AdvantraRx Premier Plus| ....... | ......... |