Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can you darken the tabs and number rows and top column heading

I have a tough time determining if a selected tab is selected or not.
the selected tab looks similar to the unselected ones because the shading is
so light on the tabs. How can I make the tabs all darker (unselected default
color is too light). Let me know.

Thanks.

GM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can do the reverse -- select all the tabs, give them all the same tab
color, like red or even black. The active tab will have a mainly white look,
the rest will be the chosen color.

"gm709" wrote in message
I have a tough time determining if a selected tab is selected or not.
the selected tab looks similar to the unselected ones because the shading

is
so light on the tabs. How can I make the tabs all darker (unselected

default
color is too light). Let me know.

Thanks.

GM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can you darken the tabs and number rows and top column hea

Thanks. I never had this issue until they upgraded my monitor to flat panel.
On my old CRT screen, I could easily determine if a tab was selected or not.
It is a shame that I will have to do this every time I use a spreadsheet.
There should be an option to darken the tabs and borders. I will use this
technique until then.

"gm709" wrote in message
I have a tough time determining if a selected tab is selected or not.
the selected tab looks similar to the unselected ones because the shading

is
so light on the tabs. How can I make the tabs all darker (unselected

default
color is too light). Let me know.

Thanks.

GM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you create a template with the colored tabs as Bob suggests, your default new
workbook will have those colored tabs.

Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish. FileSave
As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook
"BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for FileNew or the Toolbar button FileNew

Do not use FileNew...Blank Workbook or you will get the Excel default workbook.

Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default InsertSheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP