Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default What do I need?

Here is what I am trying to do. I am trying to have an uncompleted
multiplication table that my neice can enter answer. It would have
sequential numbers going across row 1: column 1, column 2, column 3, etc. up
to #10 and another set of sequential numbers going down in column 1: row 1,
row 2, etc. up to #10.

The user could enter their answer at the intersection of two numbers. The
cell would then change color to indicate a correct answer or switch to "X" to
indicate a wrong answer. Excel would also tally her score and give it back
to her and possibly keep track of her history of scores, maybe on another
worksheet as I would like to have multiple sheets for division, subtracting,
multiplication, etc.. After she completes the form with her answers the
form, template would reset, erasing her answers and leave the form, template
blank for her to fill-out the next time.

How do I do this? Just telling me what direction (form, template, etc.) I
need to go might be enough to get me started.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi!

You could use conditional formatting to highlight cells when the correct
answer is entered.

You could use data validation so that when an incorrect answer is entered
the validation pops up a "friendly" message like: Ooops! Wrong answer. Try
again!

Then to get the score you would just count the numbers (correct answers)
inside the grid. The data validation will only allow the correct answer to
be entered.

=100-COUNT(B2:K11)

If you need the specifics on how to do this just follow-up.

Biff

"OfficeNDN" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ooops! Wrong answer. Try again!

Dang, I got flagged by my own validation! <g

=100-COUNT(B2:K11)

Should be:

=COUNT(B2:K11)

Biff