Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how can I return entire row for column value returned

I am trying to return the top 3 values from a column in a worksheet to
another worksheet I am able to return the lowest value using index, match and
then have been able to used the =sum(small(data),{2} for the 2nd and {3} for
the 3rd. However this is only for the one cell I am ranking and want to
return the entire row values as well. There are approx 10 other columns of
data in the row I am wanting to return, any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi!

return the top 3 values.....used the =sum(small(data)

How do you equate the top 3 with small?

Where is this data? If you want the top 3 are there any duplicates (ties)?
If so, how do you want to handle that?

Biff

"Mary Etta" <Mary wrote in message
I am trying to return the top 3 values from a column in a worksheet to
another worksheet I am able to return the lowest value using index, match
and
then have been able to used the =sum(small(data),{2} for the 2nd and {3}
for
the 3rd. However this is only for the one cell I am ranking and want to
return the entire row values as well. There are approx 10 other columns
of
data in the row I am wanting to return, any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have data put into a worksheet called "Detail" in col C - J where C-I total
to J. I want to pull the lowest 3 times from J plus return the other values
from C-I that total to J. I have the formula
=INDEX(Detail!C:C,MATCH(MIN(Detail!$J:$J),Detail!$ J:$J,0)) in col C - J
which is returning the lowest time for J and the adjoining values in C-I. I
can return the 2nd and 3rd lowest times in J using the formula below but
can't figure out how to get the adjoining C-I that go with J. Hope this
makes sense and thanks

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

return the top 3 values.....used the =sum(small(data)

How do you equate the top 3 with small?

Where is this data? If you want the top 3 are there any duplicates (ties)?
If so, how do you want to handle that?

Biff

"Mary Etta" <Mary wrote in message
I am trying to return the top 3 values from a column in a worksheet to
another worksheet I am able to return the lowest value using index, match
and
then have been able to used the =sum(small(data),{2} for the 2nd and {3}
for
the 3rd. However this is only for the one cell I am ranking and want to
return the entire row values as well. There are approx 10 other columns
of
data in the row I am wanting to return, any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

=INDEX(Detail!C:C,MATCH(SMALL(Detail!$J:$J,ROWS($1 :1)),Detail!$J:$J,0))

Copy across 8 columns then down 3 rows.

Biff