Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I get the text to continue on the next line when its long

When using Exel and making long lists, how do I get the text to continue on
the next cell below it. is there a way I can set some kind of a print
range/margin?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just to make sure I understand your question: you have typed a fairly
long text string into a single cell in a spreadsheet, and instead of
stretching out toward the extreme right side of the spreadsheet you'd
like the text to appear in a uniform range on the spreadsheet. Is that
correct?

If yes, starting with the cell that contains the text as the anchor
cell, highlight the range where you would like the text to appear. On
the menu click ~Edit ~Fill ~Justify and the text will wrap to conform
to the range you highlighted.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Though it's not exactly what you asked for, you may find use for 'alt-enter'
as well. If you press that during typing or editing a cell, it continues
the remaining text on a separate line within the same cell. There are good
uses for both this and the 'Justify' operation, depending on your need.

"Roses00" wrote...