Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sue Sue is offline

Default How do I set the save default not to include .xls in name of file

I am using excel 2000 and I want to save files and not have the .xls appear
in the name. How do I do this?

ie. If I name a file as MY FILE what will appear as the name is MY FILE.xls
I use headers as titles for reports and I don't want this to appear. I know
the type has to be xls but that is automatic I just don't want it appearing
in the actual file name.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not sure about XL 2000 but in 2003 StartMy ComputerToolsFolderOptions and
uncheck "Hide file ext for known file types". Maybe you can find something
similar in 2000. It will be in Windows, not Excel.