Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to select font with a strange name

I'm trying to use a font, the name of which is
EPSON kyoukashoM
but the problem is that "kyoukasho" is written in japanese
and that's not enterable in the editor. How can i specify
the name of the font then?

Alternatively - how can i choose _ANY_ font, the name of
which starts with, let's say, "EPSO"?

--
Vänligen
Konrad

Sleep - thing used by ineffective people
as a substitute for coffee

Ambition - a poor excuse for not having
enough sence to be lazy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You mean in VBA?

Maybe you could record a macro when you change the font manually. Then look at
the recorded code.

Konrad Viltersten wrote:

I'm trying to use a font, the name of which is
EPSON kyoukashoM
but the problem is that "kyoukasho" is written in japanese
and that's not enterable in the editor. How can i specify
the name of the font then?

Alternatively - how can i choose _ANY_ font, the name of
which starts with, let's say, "EPSO"?

--
Vänligen
Konrad

Sleep - thing used by ineffective people
as a substitute for coffee

Ambition - a poor excuse for not having
enough sence to be lazy

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And if you ran that recorded code, it didn't work?

I don't have any other suggestions.

None from me.

Konrad Viltersten wrote:

Dave Peterson wrote/skrev/kaita/popisal/schreibt :

You mean in VBA?

Maybe you could record a macro when you change the font manually.
Then look at the recorded code.

I did so, already. The name in the macro gets a number of
question marks in the place of the name of the font... So,
no help from there, hehe.

Any other ideas?

--
Vänligen
Konrad

Sleep - thing used by ineffective people
as a substitute for coffee

Ambition - a poor excuse for not having
enough sence to be lazy

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I was gonna suggest renaming fonts--but I wasn't sure if that would work.

(And I was too lazy to try it.)

Konrad Viltersten wrote:

You mean in VBA?
Maybe you could record a macro when you change the font manually.
Then look at the recorded code.

I did so, already. The name in the macro gets a number of
question marks in the place of the name of the font... So,
no help from there, hehe.

Any other ideas?

And if you ran that recorded code, it didn't work?
I don't have any other suggestions. None from me.

Too bad. No, the macro doesn't work. Perhaps somebody
else will have a shot. Or i'll be off renaming fonts in
Windows... Thanks for the hint anyway!

--
Vänligen
Konrad

Sleep - thing used by ineffective people
as a substitute for coffee

Ambition - a poor excuse for not having
enough sence to be lazy

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I was afraid that there was no easy way to do this.

I did a simple google search and someone(!) suggested using a font editor to
change that internal name.

(No, I didn't search for a free font editor!)

But I'd be cautious. It may not be worth turning your pc into a boat anchor!

Konrad Viltersten wrote:

I was gonna suggest renaming fonts--but I wasn't sure if that would
work.
(And I was too lazy to try it.)

No point there. I've tried but Windows nags and doesn't let me
simply switch the name. I guess i'll have to do some work by hand...

--
Vänligen
Konrad

Sleep - thing used by ineffective people
as a substitute for coffee

Ambition - a poor excuse for not having
enough sence to be lazy

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rob Rob is offline

I noticed your Ambition tag at the bottom. I thought laziness had more to do
with not even bothering to use a spelling checker!

"Konrad Viltersten" wrote in message
I was gonna suggest renaming fonts--but I wasn't sure if that would
work.
(And I was too lazy to try it.)

No point there. I've tried but Windows nags and doesn't let me
simply switch the name. I guess i'll have to do some work by hand...

--
Vänligen
Konrad

Sleep - thing used by ineffective people
as a substitute for coffee

Ambition - a poor excuse for not having
enough sence to be lazy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I was gonna suggest renaming fonts--but I wasn't sure if that would
work.
(And I was too lazy to try it.)

No point there. I've tried but Windows nags and doesn't let me
simply switch the name. I guess i'll have to do some work by hand...

--
Vänligen
Konrad

Sleep - thing used by ineffective people
as a substitute for coffee

Ambition - a poor excuse for not having
enough sence to be lazy

Currency to Text mytipi Excel Worksheet Functions 1 February 21st 06 11:43 PM
VBA Monty Excel Worksheet Functions 2 January 30th 06 01:37 PM
how do you "select locked cells" w/o "select unlocked cells"? princejohnpaulfin Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 July 16th 05 03:53 AM
Multiple font styles (superscript and subscript, for example) Lorraine Charts and Charting in Excel 0 January 13th 05 07:45 PM
How to change the default font and size of "comments"? ClayMcQ Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 January 7th 05 11:43 PM