Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
rgp rgp is offline

Default conditional format

I have rows of test results form specific products taken on different days, I
want to have a quick visual display of any downward trends and wanted to use
conditional formatting i.e. if cell is less than cell to left change font to
red, I can do this cell by cell but really want to do the whole worksheet in
one go or at least row by row
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Cell Value Is
not between
=$F10
=$F11
Delete the "$" for the ROW indicator ($F$10 will be $F10)
once you formatted one cell in that column, you can double click the format
painter
( paintbrush icon)
then select and scroll down the rest of that column.

"rgp" wrote:

I have rows of test results form specific products taken on different days, I
want to have a quick visual display of any downward trends and wanted to use
conditional formatting i.e. if cell is less than cell to left change font to
red, I can do this cell by cell but really want to do the whole worksheet in
one go or at least row by row

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

imagine you have
column A yesterday's data
column B today's data
so you are trying to format the information in cells B2 to red if it is less
than the amount in cell A2.

Select cell B2.
Format Conditional Formatting

Formula is ... =B2<A2 (select the format with font as red)

Now all you have to do is select that cell B2, copy, then select the rest of
the cells in column B and do Edit Paste Special Formats.

--
Allllen