Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Delayed reactions

Arrow keys only advance one cell at a time. Backspace only backs up once.
Letter keys are hard to duplicate same letter in a word (like "leTTer'). I
have to type key several times before the action takes place. What have I
done wrong? What can I do to fix? Don't tell me it's the scroll key, because
it's not. This seems to be a MS function and not just Excel, but I'm pretty
sure it started in Excel. thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It sounds like you've got some process really hogging the system/CPU cycles.
Check by using
[Ctrl}+[Alt]+[Del] and open up the Task manager. Go to the processes tab
and look in the CPU column to see what processes are eating large amounts of
your time. If CPU column is not visible, use View | Select Columns and
choose CPU as one to be displayed -
If you just sit and stare at it, most processes should show zero or small
percentage, EXCEPT for the "System Idle Process" which should be close to 100.

Once you've identified the CPU cycle thief, if there appears to be one, then
you're going to have to try to figure out what to do with it. Without
knowing what it is, I can't give any advice about it right now.