Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default re-name colomns i.e A,B,C, etc

in excel i have made a sheet using drop down list boxes for different things
to enter in cells also colomns with the 'now' time function, how do i re-name
colomns i.e A,B,C, etc (if I can) so I can see what colomn is what as the
sheet goes down. I am quite a novice at this and have done everything from ms
help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See if I'm on the right track here.....

If you want to be able to scroll down the worksheet, but still see the
headings for your data, try this

1)Make sure your data has column headings
Example:
A1: MyDate
A2:A100 (contains dates)

B1: MyAmount
B2:B100 (contains amounts)
etc

Select B2

From the Excel main menu:
<window<freeze panes

That will make sure you ALWAYS see Row_1 and Col_A

to undo that setting: <window<UNfreeze panes

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"swede" wrote:

in excel i have made a sheet using drop down list boxes for different things
to enter in cells also colomns with the 'now' time function, how do i re-name
colomns i.e A,B,C, etc (if I can) so I can see what colomn is what as the
sheet goes down. I am quite a novice at this and have done everything from ms
help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The easiest way is to put your column headers in the first row and then
select cell A2 and pull-down:

Windows Freeze Panes
--
Gary's Student