Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JT JT is offline

Default Shortcut Key not working

I have a workbook with a number of macros in it. The first sheet contains the
instructions for all of the macros in the workbook. I'm trying to update the
instructions and am having trouble with CTRL C and CTRL V.

When I select the cell I want to copy, I use CTRL C and it makes the border
around the cell active.

When I click in the cell that I want to paste the instruction, the active
border goes away and nothing is copied in the new cell when I use CTRL V.

It's making me crazy. Have I changed something on the first sheet because
CTRL C and CTRL V work like I expect on all of the other sheets?

Thanks for the help.........
--
JT
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

CTRL C and CTRL V are the Excel default shortcuts for Copy and Paste
(respectively). Since Excel ships with these as the shortcuts, my
first question is (and I'm not intending to be a jerk, here) do you
need to re-invent that wheel?

My next question is, also not intending to be a jerk, are you sure the
C and V are properly assigned to their respective macros? It sounds
Excel is confused, perhaps by conflicting or incompatible commands.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JT JT is offline

I'm not trying to change anything. I am just unable to copy and paste on one
worksheet in the workbook and don't know why.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for the help...........
--
JT