Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default range name does not exist

have a macro which is used to copy a sheet from workbook "B" into workbook
"A". The destination workbook may have multiple sheets which have been copied
in from workbook "C" using a similar macro.

Each instance of a sheet from workbook "C" contains a range named
"CONSTRUCTION". Excel seems quite happy with this, and identifies each
instance of the named range via it's respective sheet name.

However, if I copy a sheet from workbook "C" to workbook "A", and then copy
a sheet from workbook "B" to workbook "A", I get an error message;

"A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name
'CONSTRUCTION', which already exists on the destination worksheet. Do you
want to use this version of the name?"

The problem is that the sheet from workbook "B" DOESN'T contain a name of
"CONSTRUCTION". It only has one named range (print_area). There were two
incidents of the word 'construction' in a text field (which is the result of
a concatenation formula), but I have tried removing these and still get the
same problem.

Is it possible that there is some file corruption at work? If so, how would
I check for it?

Any suggestions / help gratefully received!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Get Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name
Manager:

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

It'll make it much easier to verify your names.

--

Dave Peterson