Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to default links to RELATIVE reference

My Links between different Excel files are always absolute. Can I change them
to record relative. and 2) Can a change all the asolutes to relative at one
time. Keep in mind that I am linking up to 30 files including some Word files.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't believe you can change the default to relative cell references.

To change all at once from absolute to relative use this macro.

Sub Relative()
Dim cell As Range
For Each cell In Selection
If cell.HasFormula Then
cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula _
(cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1, xlRelative)
Next
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP