Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Prevent color printing

My company has numerous color forms that we would like to default to printing
in b/w. I've changed the page setup to have the documents to print in b/w
but I want to know if there is a way to lock our Office documents so that
users are not albe to chage the color settings and must print in b/w?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi jemarin71

Only possible if macro's are enabled in the workbooks as far as I know
Is that so ?

You can set it to b/w in the before print event then

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"jemarin71" wrote in message ...
My company has numerous color forms that we would like to default to printing
in b/w. I've changed the page setup to have the documents to print in b/w
but I want to know if there is a way to lock our Office documents so that
users are not albe to chage the color settings and must print in b/w?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello, jemarin71!
You wrote on Mon, 11 Sep 2006 12:01:02 -0700:

j My company has numerous color forms that we would like to
j default to printing in b/w. I've changed the page setup to
j have the documents to print in b/w but I want to know if
j there is a way to lock our Office documents so that users
j are not albe to chage the color settings and must print in
j b/w?

Take away their color printers perhaps or make them buy their
own color ink :-)

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: