Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formatting

In can't figure out how to put conditinal formating on multiple cells at one
time with each cell requiring a different value. Since the conditional
formatting is based on different values for each section and each month, I
find myself having to put a conditional formatting on every cell. For
example if I copy the formatting for Sec 1-4 for Jul into Aug, the
conditional formatting is then based on the projected data for Jul Sec 1-4 vs
Aug.

Actual data Projected data
JUL AUG JUL AUG
Sec 1 5,129 5,397 4,859 5,340
Sec 2 823 1,032 771 886
Sec 3 1,293 1,196 945 1,047
Sec 4 113 136 135 142

Can you help? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If I select the values for the Actual data column for Jul, then go to CF cell
vaule is, greater than, then I select the values for the Projected Data for
Jul I get this message: You cannot use a direct reference to a worksheet
range in a CF formula; change the reference to a single cell or use the
reference with a worksheet function. How do I do this? Do I have to do a CF
for each cell since each cell is based on a different value?

Actual data Projected data
JUL AUG JUL AUG
5,129 5,397 4,859 5,340
1,032 771 886