Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do i automatically update % figures daily

I have a sales figure sheet showing month to date etc ..on this sheet I also
show the % of month gone .. so Sept's got 26 trading days @ 3.85% per day
... how can I get this figure to automatically update each day ( at the moment
I have to do manually) .. . so that day 2 = 7.7% ... day 3 = 11.55% ...
until last day 100%

Many thanks
John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=NETWORKDAYS(TODAY()-DAY(TODAY())+1,TODAY())/NETWORKDAYS(TODAY()-DAY(TODAY()
)+1,DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY())+1,0))

and format as percentage

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"johnm" wrote in message
I have a sales figure sheet showing month to date etc ..on this sheet I

also
show the % of month gone .. so Sept's got 26 trading days @ 3.85% per

day
.. how can I get this figure to automatically update each day ( at the

moment
I have to do manually) .. . so that day 2 = 7.7% ... day 3 = 11.55% ...
until last day 100%

Many thanks
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If "trading days" are Monday thru Saturday, try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDEX(A:A,TODAY()-DAY(TODAY())+1):INDEX(A:A,TODAY())))<1))/SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDEX(A:A,TODAY()-DAY(TODAY())+1):INDEX(A:A,DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH (TODAY())+1,0))))<1))

That formula divides the number of current month-to-date days (excluding
Sundays) by the number of days in the current month (excluding Sundays)

In the case of today (9/11/2006), that is the 9th trading day out of 26
trading days in September: 34.6%

Is that something you can work with?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"johnm" wrote:

I have a sales figure sheet showing month to date etc ..on this sheet I also
show the % of month gone .. so Sept's got 26 trading days @ 3.85% per day
.. how can I get this figure to automatically update each day ( at the moment
I have to do manually) .. . so that day 2 = 7.7% ... day 3 = 11.55% ...
until last day 100%

Many thanks
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the info,

I've got to be honest with you Bob I aint got a clue what to do next ( i'm a
novice at this) if you don't mind I wondered if you could run through it,
...... just so you know the details ... I have cell N3 with a total Month gone
% figure ... I have a column of cells dated 1st to 30th september ..
cells a1 to a26 ( I only use 26 days because we do not trade on sundays) I
need a total % figure (cell N3) to be entered daily automatically ( so each
day increases the month gone % figure )

Your help is apprecited

Many thanks
John

"johnm" wrote in message
I have a sales figure sheet showing month to date etc ..on this sheet I

also
show the % of month gone .. so Sept's got 26 trading days @ 3.85% per

day
.. how can I get this figure to automatically update each day ( at the

moment
I have to do manually) .. . so that day 2 = 7.7% ... day 3 = 11.55% ...
until last day 100%

Many thanks
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

John,

a few questions.

The trading days will already be entered. What cells are they in?

Is the percentage to be a percentage of trading days passed, or a percentage
of some trade figure (I think it is the former, but just to be sure. If it
is the latter, what cells are the trade amounts in)?

Does today count as a day passed, or yet to pass?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips