Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Amount Spent vs Budget

Please help,
I Have a Log (Spreadsheet) where I track money being spent from several
accounts. (See Below)

Account # Amount
80311 $25.00
80928 $50.00
80937 $75.00
80311 $100.00

I also have a budget. (See Below) *Note* Same Account #'s
Account # Budgeted
80311 $1000.00
80928 $1000.00
80937 $1000.00

These are on seperate worksheets and I would like to subtract the money I've
spent vs my budget. (See below)

Sheet 1 (Spent) Sheet 2(Budget)
Account # Amount Account # Budget Budget less
Amount (New)
80311 $25.00 80311 $1000.00 $975.00
80928 $50.00 80928 $1000.00 $950.00
80937 $75.00 80937 $1000.00 $925.00
80311 $100.00 I would like this amount to subtract from
the Budget Account #80311, bringing the "Budget less Amount" to $875.00

Is this possible
Thanks for the help
Sean
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuimg that your Budget Account 80311 is in cell A1 and assuming 80311
spent is in A1 in sheet "spent" you could select B1(in your budget account
sheet) and Enter =A1-spent!A1

This will return the budget amount less the spent amount.

Regards

Steve

"Sean DeBruler" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I Have a Log (Spreadsheet) where I track money being spent from
several accounts. (See Below)

Account # Amount
80311 $25.00
80928 $50.00
80937 $75.00
80311 $100.00

I also have a budget. (See Below) *Note* Same Account #'s
Account # Budgeted
80311 $1000.00
80928 $1000.00
80937 $1000.00

One way is to put this in Sheet2!C2 and copy down:
=$B2-SUMIF(Sheet1!A:A,$A2,Sheet1!B:B)

This assumes that each account appears once in Sheet2, possibly several
times in Sheet1, and you want the money being spent to be accumulated on
Sheet2.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming the Expenditure is in cell A1 for account 80311 in Sheet1 and
Budget is in cell A1 in sheet 2.

In cell B1 sheet2 Enter "=A1-Sheet1!A1" (without inverted commas).

That should return your budget amount less expenditure amount.