Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional format

,Office 2003. OS: WindowsXP SP2 Home edition.
I am trying to tidy up using Conditional Formatting, to blank out cells
that contain such as,
#VALUE, FALSE, #DIV! etc...
I tried using:
1. Formula is =ISERROR($L$8:$AK$70)
2. Cell value is: between =ISERROR($L$8 and $AK$70)
But couldnt get either to work.
I know that I can blank out zeros with: cell value is equal to 0, zero
I also tried highlighting the range of cells first
I searched for it in Office online but couldn't find what I wanted.`

--
chequer
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi chequer

select the first of your cells where you want to have the conditional
formatting
in your case i think it's L8, then you go to "Format" - "Conditional
Formatting..."
there you enter: "Formula is: =iserror(L8)" Important, don't enter the
Dollar signs!
Then you can take the format-Brush (i don't know how it's called, but the Icon
looks like a brush and you can copy formats with it.)
And select all the other cells.

Hth

Cheers Carlo

"chequer" wrote:

,Office 2003. OS: WindowsXP SP2 Home edition.
I am trying to tidy up using Conditional Formatting, to blank out cells
that contain such as,
#VALUE, FALSE, #DIV! etc...
I tried using:
1. Formula is =ISERROR($L$8:$AK$70)
2. Cell value is: between =ISERROR($L$8 and $AK$70)
But couldnt get either to work.
I know that I can blank out zeros with: cell value is equal to 0, zero
I also tried highlighting the range of cells first
I searched for it in Office online but couldn't find what I wanted.`

--
chequer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Carlo,
That worked fine on all but 'FALSE' and zeros.

I got rid of the zeros by using: Cell value is equal to 0

I have to go into hospital tomorrow so If you reply it will be about a week
before I can answer.
--
chequer

"chequer" wrote:

,Office 2003. OS: WindowsXP SP2 Home edition.
I am trying to tidy up using Conditional Formatting, to blank out cells
that contain such as,
#VALUE, FALSE, #DIV! etc...
I tried using:
1. Formula is =ISERROR($L$8:$AK$70)
2. Cell value is: between =ISERROR($L$8 and $AK$70)
But couldnt get either to work.
I know that I can blank out zeros with: cell value is equal to 0, zero
I also tried highlighting the range of cells first
I searched for it in Office online but couldn't find what I wanted.`

--
chequer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi chequer

hope you'll be fine, after the hospital!

if you want to include FALSE and ZEROS,
you could use following formula:
"Formula is: =OR(ISERROR(L8);L8 = False; L8 = 0)"

Hope that helps

Greetings and hope you get well soon

Carlo