-   -   Accumulating elapsed times. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/108987-accumulating-elapsed-times.html)

John

Accumulating elapsed times.

How do I set up a column to record elapsed times (exercise diary entry)? Is
it possible to simply enter hours:minutes:seconds on each row entry or do I
have to set up separate columns with which to calculate everything in the
background somewhere to have it appear in the proper column?

Also, formatting?

Stefi

Accumulating elapsed times.

Have a try! Just type in entries like 1:30:10, 2:40:20, etc. and apply
Autosum! You'll see the correct result: 4:10:30

Regards,
Stefi

John ezt *rta:

How do I set up a column to record elapsed times (exercise diary entry)? Is
it possible to simply enter hours:minutes:seconds on each row entry or do I
have to set up separate columns with which to calculate everything in the
background somewhere to have it appear in the proper column?

Also, formatting?

Bob Phillips

Accumulating elapsed times.

Also format as [h]:mm:ss if the total time is likely to exceed 24 hours.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Stefi" wrote in message
Have a try! Just type in entries like 1:30:10, 2:40:20, etc. and apply
Autosum! You'll see the correct result: 4:10:30

Regards,
Stefi

"John" ezt rta:

How do I set up a column to record elapsed times (exercise diary entry)?

Is
it possible to simply enter hours:minutes:seconds on each row entry or

do I
have to set up separate columns with which to calculate everything in

the
background somewhere to have it appear in the proper column?

Also, formatting?

John

Accumulating elapsed times.

It works. Thanks to both of you.