Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Printing Unprotected Cells Only

Would appreciate if anyone could tell me if you know of a way to print
unprotected cells only on a spreadsheet that contains both protected and
unprotected cells.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ron de Bruin has some sample code that might help you:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Hide

Look for:
Make the Font white of a range

He points at a page on Debra Dalgleish's site has another tip:
http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#Print

I kind of like a modification of Debra's suggestion.

Pick out a cell that you can use for a flag (say X99--but you can use any cell
you want, but keep it out of the print range).

Then select your range to hide/print.

Format|Conditional formatting
formula is:
=AND($x$99="hide",CELL("Protect",A1)=1)
make it white font on white fill (or blue on blue or ...)

When you want to print, change x99 to hide, then print and clean up x99 when
you're ready.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I add your example to the site Dave

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

kacryan001 wrote:

Would appreciate if anyone could tell me if you know of a way to print
unprotected cells only on a spreadsheet that contains both protected and
unprotected cells.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Remember, it was a variation of Deb's (full disclosure).

Off to visit your site.

Never mind. I see you included that already <bg.