Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rob Rob is offline

Default Mail Merging: From Filtered data to Word

I'm not sure if this is an excel issue, but I'll ask here first.

Is it possible to have MSWord mailmerge from excel in the following manner.

I have about 11,000 rows of data and want to mailmerge according to various
criteria. I would like to filter that data (in place) and mail merge, then
filter again with different criteria and mailmerge again, and so on (about
30 times). I'd prefer not to export the filtered data to 30 different sheets
or workbooks.

Is there something special I need to do to make this happen so that Word
only picks up the filtered data?
I know Word has the capability to Filter within the Mail merge process, but
there is too much criteria to change for each of the 30 or more print runs.

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

These may not help, but...

You may want to read some tips for mailmerge.
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge

The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave
Rado.

=======
If I remember correctly, you can filter within MSWord based on a field in
excel. If the filter is more complex than just one criteria, maybe you could
put a formula in a helper column of cells that evaluates to Y or N. Then filter
on that inside MSWord.

--

Dave Peterson