Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default comment won't change font

Hello!
I'm trying to change the font on my comments, but I can't seem to get it
done. I´m right clicking on the corner of the comment to enter the format
dialog. I change the font there, but the comment stays the same.
Will you give me a hand?
I thank you in advance,
Albert

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To change the font for the entire comment, click on the border of the
comment, so its outline is a thick dotted border. Then, change the font.

If the border is a pattern of diagonal lines, and you can see the cursor
flashing inside the comment, the font change will only affect the
selected characters.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Followed both of your suggestions... Still doesn't change... Actually, when I
look at the font box, it does show the font I selected. However, the text
itself is still tahoma. Pretty strange... What to do?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Double click the comment text to highlight it, then select another font.
Forget about clicking on borders.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Albert" wrote:

Hello!
I'm trying to change the font on my comments, but I can't seem to get it
done. I´m right clicking on the corner of the comment to enter the format
dialog. I change the font there, but the comment stays the same.
Will you give me a hand?
I thank you in advance,
Albert

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, you are right...
But the change seems to work for only some fonts. It doesn't work, however,
for "Courier New", which is precisely the one I need because of the
proportionality of the characters.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Albert

Courier New works fine in my Comments so it "doesn't work" may apply to your
setup only.

I cannot replicate your problem so can't say how to resolve it.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP