Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to get individual dates from a date range

Hi,
I have 2 columns, one Start Date and the other End Date.

I want to display all the dates that fall in between the above range.

For e.g.
Start Date End Date
01/01/2006 05/01/2006

I want excel to give me the result as
01/01/2006
02/01/2006
03/01/2006
04/01/2006
05/01/2006
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Depending on how the data is structured, you can click DATA on the menu,
select FILTER and then AUTOFILTER.

Drop down buttons will appear to in the lower right corner of the column
heading cells. Click the button and select CUSTOM to set set the date values
for the start/end dates

--
Kevin Backmann

"MorningCalm" wrote:

Hi,
I have 2 columns, one Start Date and the other End Date.

I want to display all the dates that fall in between the above range.

For e.g.
Start Date End Date
01/01/2006 05/01/2006

I want excel to give me the result as
01/01/2006
02/01/2006
03/01/2006
04/01/2006
05/01/2006

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for reply Kevin but that is not what I am looking for.
As mentioned below, I have 2 columns that basically hold the absence record
of an employee. Start date represents the start of absence and end date, the
end of absence.

For me to migrate that data into database, I want each day to go in as a
separate row in the table. For this I need to get the dates between that
range.

I know I can always go to start date and drag the fill handle till I reach
the End date value but that is going to be cumbersome since there are in
excess of 20,000 rows in the excel.

I hope I am clear in the explaination.

"MorningCalm" wrote:

Hi,
I have 2 columns, one Start Date and the other End Date.

I want to display all the dates that fall in between the above range.

For e.g.
Start Date End Date
01/01/2006 05/01/2006

I want excel to give me the result as
01/01/2006
02/01/2006
03/01/2006
04/01/2006
05/01/2006

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 07:40:03 -0700, MorningCalm
wrote:

Hi,
I have 2 columns, one Start Date and the other End Date.

I want to display all the dates that fall in between the above range.

For e.g.
Start Date End Date
01/01/2006 05/01/2006

I want excel to give me the result as
01/01/2006
02/01/2006
03/01/2006
04/01/2006
05/01/2006

Assuming you want your result in a column, you can enter this formula in some
cell:

=IF((StartDate+ROWS($1:1)-1)EndDate,"",StartDate+ROWS($1:1)-1)

Then copy/drag down as far as required.
--ron