Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lee lee is offline

Default Can I increase the number of coumns in a worksheet?

Currently, maximum columns is 256.
How do I increase it to say 400 columns in one worksheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

"Lee" wrote:
Currently, maximum columns is 256.
How do I increase it to say 400 columns in one worksheet?

In your existing version, as-is, it's not possible to increase (I just moved
into using xl2003, and the col limit is still 256 <g). But if the number of
rows in your table (inclusive header row) never exceeds 256, it might be
viable to consider transposing the entire table into a new sheet. Select the
source table copy. In a new sheet, right-click on A1 Paste special
check "Values" & "Transpose" OK
--
Max
Singapore
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Lee

In addition to Max's suggestion, the next version of XL, XL2007, will
have 16,000 columns and 1 million rows.
It is in Beta format currently and will probably not be available as a
final product until early next year.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Lee" wrote in message
Currently, maximum columns is 256.
How do I increase it to say 400 columns in one worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can't.

One option would be to download the beta version of XL 2007 which gives you
16000 columns.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.