Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Phrasing

Is it correct to refer to a workbook as "an Excel Spreadsheet Workbook"?
My company is refering to data in a workbook as "Excel Spreadsheet Workbook"
Is that correct phrasing?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It would depend on the intended audience. If the documents will be read by
librarians, sculptors, or others who may not know what an Excel Workbook is,
perhaps the "spreadsheet" modifier would help clarify. Otherwise, it reads
like a translation.

That's just my opinion, though.

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"RYRYSMYGUY" wrote:

Is it correct to refer to a workbook as "an Excel Spreadsheet Workbook"?
My company is refering to data in a workbook as "Excel Spreadsheet Workbook"
Is that correct phrasing?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Would agree with Ron.

I haven't heard the word "workbook" used in any computer context other than
Excel, which is, by definition, a spreadsheet program. Unless there's
another piece of software whose documents are referred to as "workbooks" the
modifier "spreadsheet" is redundant.

Sounds like the phrase came from your company's office of redundancy office.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.