Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Missing sheets in a shared workbook

I have this monster file that needs to be accessed by multiple people so I
set it up as a shared file, however periodically when the file is opened
there will be several tabs missing. The file is used monthly and each month
is saved as it's own file and most of the sheets in each file are used,
sometimes the missing files have been updated already which means when it
disappears the work has to be re-done. Everyone claims it's not user error
but I can't find a reason why excel would just randomly delete sheets in the
file.

Any ideas????

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are the missing sheets hidden?

Format--Sheets--Unhide
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"smurrock" wrote:

I have this monster file that needs to be accessed by multiple people so I
set it up as a shared file, however periodically when the file is opened
there will be several tabs missing. The file is used monthly and each month
is saved as it's own file and most of the sheets in each file are used,
sometimes the missing files have been updated already which means when it
disappears the work has to be re-done. Everyone claims it's not user error
but I can't find a reason why excel would just randomly delete sheets in the
file.

Any ideas????

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave,
Don't know if you have found a solution to this or not, but I have seen
this with a problem I am having. It seems that only certain people are
causing my data to disappear. As it turns out, if you go into Tools....Share
Workbook, those people are listed several times as having the worksheet open.
If I delete those instances, it seems to clear up the problem of
disappearing data. When the problem re-occurs, I check and they are there
again multiple times. I am trying to find out why that is occurring (with no
luck), but thought you might want to check to see if that could be your
problem as well.
My theory is that it is going back to the state the spreadsheet was in
during the prior use that is showing in the "Who has this workbook open now"
window.

Jim E